Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Add Carrot to Onion Fritters

Onion Fritter is a very popular evening snack here. But onion is very costly at the moment! We are paying an equivalent to one euro or more for one kilogram of onion. Secondly, I feel that I have vitamin A deficiency! For theses reasons I wanted to add more carrot to my diet and to my onion fritters! Neither am I a big fan of carrot. Nor do I like "healthy" food deprived off oil and spices!
Carrot-Onion Fritter
I have already posted my onion fritter recipe om this site:  http://kayhavingfeasts.blogspot.in/2015/08/onionfritter-i-crave-for-fried-food.html . 
The same process I follow here, too! Only, the extra ingredient carrot, grated,  is added. One can use both onion and carrot in equal quantity or as one desires. 
Here is the mixture ready to be fried:
Grated Carrot+Shredded Onion+Gram Flour Paste
Below are the fritters frying in the pan. Traditionally theses are deep fried. But I made really flat shapes from the mixture above, so I didn't have to deep fry. I just changed the sides so that both the sides are equally cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment